- These Terms
What these terms cover. These are the Terms and Conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods, services or our online website content.
Why you should read them. Please read these Terms carefully before you use our website or submit any order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how and on what basis we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, and what to do if there is a problem. We recommend that you print and date a copy of these Terms for future reference.
Your acceptance of them. By using our website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions, as well as the Terms set out in in our Privacy (insert hyperlink) and Cookies (insert hyperlink) Policies. We do amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you visit the website, we ask that you check this page to ensure that you understand the terms that apply at the time. Where we have made any recent changes, we will include a summary of these changes at the top of this page.
- About Shoe Spa
Who we are. Shoe Spa is a leading shoe and handbag restoration service, specialising in the repair of luxury and designer items including premium leather goods. Our business promotes sustainability and creativity by encouraging people to restore or restyle their favourite shoes and bags. Our services include bag restoration, bag repair, bag dyeing, suede bag cleaning, bag repair, revitalising, colouring, cleansing and refreshing. You can visit us at our King’s Cross workshop on the Caledonian Road, London, or access our convenient online and courier services if you are further afield.
Company information. “Shoe Spa” is a trading name of Shoe & Bag Spa Ltd (“We,” “Us,” “Our”), a company registered and incorporated in England and Wales with company number 13139172, and registered offices at 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LB. Our VAT number is 369487854.
How to contact us. You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at Shoe Spa, 80 Caledonian Road, London, N1 9DN.
- What’s in these Terms?
To make this page easier to navigate, we have organised the Terms according to the following indexed categories. Please click on the blue links below to go straight to more information on each area:
Your order: these terms describe how to place an order with us, and what to expect by way of confirmation. They also outline “your right to change your mind” within 14 days of making an order, and our delivery procedures.
Our Products and Services: these terms describe the terms according to which we provide our Products and Services. They also outline the circumstances in which we will be liable for any damage to, or loss of, your items.
Website Terms: these terms describe how you may access or use our website and outline the basis on which we make it available to you.
Other important terms: these terms describe how we may use your personal information, transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to a third party and the governing law and jurisdiction to which any dispute under these Terms must be submitted.
- Your Order
Obtaining a quote. To purchase one of our services, please go to the Shoe Spa website home page and fill in the entry form entitled “Send a photo and get a free quote now.” When completing this form, please provide details of the service you are interested and use the “Add a Photo” button to attach a photograph of the items for which the service is intended. Providing you have read and understood these terms and conditions, you may then tick the “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” box and press the “Submit your Request” button. At this stage, if our website detects that you have entered any invalid information, such as an incorrectly formatted e-mail address, we will ask you to correct the entry and re-submit your request.
Placing an order. Once we have been able to review your request, a member of our team will contact you by email or telephone to provide you with a preliminary, indicative quote for the services requested. We will also provide, where possible, an estimate of how long it would take us to fulfil your order. If you accept this quote and proceed to place your order via telephone or email, a member of our team will confirm details of how you can deliver your item(s) to Shoe Spa.
Acknowledging receipt of your order. After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received it. Please note that this does not mean that we have accepted your order. Our acceptance of your order will only take place as described in the “Accepting your Order” heading below.
Accepting your order-. When your items arrive with us, we will undertake a further assessment of their condition. This assessment will determine whether we can fulfil your order according to the preliminary quote provided, or whether close inspection of the item(s) has revealed that we can only fulfil your order according to a revised quote. If we can fulfil your order according to the terms of the preliminary quote, we will send you an email acknowledging acceptance of your order, at which stage a binding legal contract will come into force between us.
Accepting your order according to a revised quote. If after assessing your items more closely, we find that we can only fulfil your order according to the basis of an alternative quote, and not on the basis of the indicative preliminary quote we previously provided, we will contact you by telephone or email as soon as reasonably possible. At this stage, we will offer you the opportunity to cancel or proceed with the order, or a section of it. If you accept the revised quote, we will send you an email acknowledging our acceptance of your order according to the revised quote, at which point a binding legal contract will come into force between us. If you do not accept the revised quote, we will return your items to you subject the charges listed in the “Delivering or Returning your Items heading.” If we do not hear from you within 30 days of tendering the revised quote, we will return your items to you and charge you for any delivery fee.
Fulfilling your order: payment. Our obligation to perform the cleaning, restoration or repair service you contract for, or to dispatch any good you purchase from us, will only come into force once we have received payment from you according to the terms stated in the email confirming acceptance of your order.
Fulfilling your order: late payment. If you do not make any payment within thirty days of our email confirming acceptance of your order, we may charge you interest at a rate of 4% a year above the base lending rate of National Westminster Bank Plc from time to time. This interest will accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
Your cancellation rights. You are entitled under the Consumers’ Rights Act 2015 to a 14-day cooling-off period during which you may cancel your order. This 14-day period will commence upon our dispatch to you of an email confirming acceptance of your order. Cancelling your order does not guarantee that you will receive a refund, whether in full or in part. This will depend on, among other factors, when we receive notice of your cancellation:
- Before we have started the services: If we receive notification of your cancellation request prior to commencing the delivery of the requested services, we will provide you with a full refund subject to deductible administrative, delivery and handling charges.
- After we have started the services, but while they are still ongoing: If we receive notification of your cancellation request after we have commenced delivering the services but while they are still ongoing, we will provide a pro rata refund where possible. Where we provide a pro rata refund, this will be subject to administrative, delivery, handling and cost of works deductions.
- After we have finished the services, or after the 14-day period: If we receive notification of your cancellation request after we have finished the works, or in any event, 14 days after the date on which we confirmed our acceptance of your order, you will not be entitled to cancel your order and we reserve the right the
Our cancellation rights. We have the right to cancel your order, and terminate with immediate effect any contractual agreement we have with you if:
- You do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- You do not, within a reasonable period of time of us asking for it, provide us with information that we believe is necessary to provide the services;
- You do not, within a reasonable time, take delivery of the products from us or collect them from us;
- After starting the services, we discover any latent defects, damage, deterioration or structural disrepair to the items that render it impractical for us to render the contracted services;
- After accepting your order but prior to starting the services, changes in our operational, staffing or business capacity means we are no longer able to proceed with your order.
- At any time after accepting your order, an event outside our control, such as a labour strike, weather incident, disease outbreak, fire, criminal act, or terrorist act, renders it impractical for us to deliver the services.
If we terminate your order for the reasons set out in (a) to (d) this clause, we reserve the right not to issue any refund, or where we do to deduct a net percentage of the contract cost as compensation for our costs and time, in addition to any administration, delivery and handling charges. If we terminate your order under (e) and (f), we will provide you with a full refund or credit. No interest will be paid on any monies (or credits) refunded to you for any period in which it was in our possession.
Timescales. Our estimated service turnaround time more than 4 weeks, depending on what services have been requested. More complex jobs can take 6-8 weeks or more.
Shoe Spa, however, cannot be held responsible for delays to the service caused by unforeseen circumstances or additional requirements.
Ready for delivery or collection. When we have performed all the contracted services on your Item(s), we will notify you that they are ready for delivery or collection. If you have opted for delivery of your items, we will provide an estimated date as to when they will arrive at your address or with your authorised courier service. If the delivery arrives after this estimated date, will not be liable to pay you any compensation for any delay, including where you are not able to use or wear the item(s) for a specific event, such as a wedding.
Collection. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, we will contact you to confirm the working hours and days on which you or your agent (such as a courier) can collect the goods. If an agent is to collect the goods on your behalf, you must, using the account provided upon making the initial booking, email us a signed notice indicating your consent to such a collection.
Delivery. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the items cannot be posted through the letterbox, or at a nominated “safe place” indicated by you, a courier will leave you a note informing you as to how to rearrange delivery or to collect products from a local depot. If you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them at a local depot, we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. As previously mentioned, we reserve the right not to dispatch your item(s) until we have received your full payment for all sums owed.
What happens if no collection or successful delivery is made? In the event that you do not collect or take delivery of the items within six months of the date they were first made available by us for collection or delivery, and we have made reasonable efforts to contact you, legal title in the goods will pass to us, and we will be entitled to sell them on the open market or otherwise dispose of them as we wish.
Items damaged in transit. We never knowingly dispatch or attempt to deliver damaged goods. Occasionally, however, things do get lost or damaged in transit. For this reason, our delivery charges include insurance where we deem necessary.
If your items arrive and look damaged we advise you to ask the courier to wait whilst you inspect it. In the event that your item is damaged please tell the courier you wish to reject the delivery. If you are unable to open the package in the presence of the courier, please sign for it as “Damaged package; goods not yet inspected” or similar. This will warn the courier that an insurance claim may yet be forthcoming.
On delivery please check all Products carefully within 24 hours for any possible defects or missing pieces.
Items damaged in transit: Procedures. If you believe that your items have been damaged while in transit, please notify us immediately. We may ask you to provide us with copies of all relevant documentation, including proof damage to any packaging and your items. This is because such evidence may be required by our couriers when we pass on an insurance claim to them. We ask that you take reasonable care of the items while your claim is being investigated. Please do not return them to us unless requested.
Delivery & Collection: When we have finished the Work on your Item(s) we will contact you to notify you of delivery or collection. For delivery;
- We shall deliver the Item(s) to the location specified by yourself at point of contact;
- We reserve the right to charge you for re-delivery of any item which has been returned to us by the Couriers as undelivered where you have failed to take delivery. All items unless stated otherwise are sent on a Next Working Day Service, you must notify us of any issues with receiving your package with in 72 hours of reviving confirmation of your shipment.
- We offer Standard Delivery insured up to £100, and Premium Delivery (£15) which has Extended Liability added up to £5000 with DPD/UPS. The value of the Item in the event of a claim is the Depreciated Value of the item and is the liability of DPD/UPS.
- We will give you an approximate delivery date and will not be held responsible for any delays as a result of factors outside of Our control.
- Delivery charges may apply to items returned to the customer, even if no Services are carried-out.
- We take no responsibility for any items lost or damaged that are not within our care. We will not be responsible for any Customs issues, charges or delays.
- We reserve the right not deliver any Item until payment has been received.
Items damaged in transit: liability cap. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or any other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged, or wrongly delivered items, over and above the market value of the goods themselves on the date on which we made them ready for delivery to you, or £5,000, whichever is lower. In the event that you provide us with goods with a market value over £5,000, it is your responsibility to insure for any accidental loss and/or damage that might be incurred over this £5,000 cap.
- Our Products and Services
Cleaning. Our specialist and unique cleaning techniques and technologies often yield great results. However we do not promise, warrant or guarantee to remove any or all stains, defects and faults present nor pertaining to your items. This includes latent stains, defects and faults which only become apparent during the cleaning, repair or restoration process. Similarly, we cannot promise, warrant nor guarantee that we will be able to disguise natural flaws or remove any adhesives, or achieve any other desired result.
It is also possible that, notwithstanding our best efforts, any attempt to clean, repair or restore your items may aggravate, worsen or make more apparent these latent defects, stains or faults. We bear not liability for any such damage. Please note that you bear the risks of all works performed on the items.
In particular, we note that with age, leather and suede shoes and handbags can become worn and discoloured. Dirt on the item can sometimes hide this wear and tear which can be exposed during the cleaning process. If this happens you will be notified and offered an upgrade to your service to restore the colour to these areas where possible. It is not our cleaning process that has caused this damage and so we will not be liable for it.
Dirt can also be mistaken for shine, which in the cleaning process will be removed. Shoe Spa are not responsible for the loss of shine during the cleaning process.
Stain removal: We cannot guarantee removal of any and all stains. Linings that are heavily soiled may be particularly difficult to clean satisfactorily. The basic price of cleaning does not include the removal of heavy or ingrained stains. If a stain cannot be removed on a leather item, we will endeavour to cover the stain with the appropriate colour. This process cannot be done on suede, nubuck, canvas or fabric. This service is not included within the price of cleaning.
Suede/Nubuck – some types of stains may not be removable and stains already present may become more obvious with cleaning. Because of the nature of the material, significant improvements are not always possible. In some cases, colours can become faded with cleaning, and any embossed print can be affected.
Restoration work and dyeing
During the Colour Restoration process, we cannot guarantee that any contrast coloured stitching will remain untouched. The more work that is required to restore your item the more processes and products will be required. This may in certain circumstances slightly alter the way your shoes or bag feel. At all times we will endeavour to keep the item to as near to the original as possible.
Suede dyeing is quite different and more difficult than the standard grain leather dyeing, as suede is an “open leather” type; it absorbs the dye and mixes it with the base colour. Hence the end result is always a derivative of these two colours.
- Website Terms
We may make changes to our site. Changes to the services we offer, our users’ needs and our business priorities mean that we sometimes need to make changes to the Website. We will try, but do not promise, to give you advance notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site. Unfortunately, for business and operational reasons (such as upgrading our servers), we may sometimes need to restrict access to parts or all of our website. We will try to give users advanced warning of any such outages, but cannot promise to do so. You agree to hold us, our employees and our agents harmless (not legally responsible) for any interrupted access you experience to the website.
You must keep your account details safe. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, please treat this information as being confidential. Please do not disclose it to any third party.
What to do if your account details are compromised. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user name or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site. Our team tries its best to update the information on our website on a regular basis. However, we cannot guarantee the content and any accompanying materials on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to. Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, please treat these as being provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We ask you to bear in mind that we have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them. In the Internet Age, new online risks and challenges can arise from one moment to the next. For that reason, we do not guarantee that our website is secure or free from bugs or viruses. Please do install and activate your own virus protection software before visiting the website. From the opposite perspective, please bear in mind that it a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to attack, attempt to gain authorised access to, or place on our website malware, viruses or other malicious computer files.
- Other important terms:
Indemnity. You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
Liability. Whilst your Item(s) is fully paid and is in our care you are insured up to the Full Item Value, Depreciated Value or our Maximum Liability pf £5,000, whichever is the lesser, minus the cost of our Services. This is to cover you should your Item(s) become lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair. Items in our care are;
- Any Item currently having our services carried out, or waiting for our services to be carried out, after payment.
- Any Item in transit with our Couriers sent by Shoe Spa & Shoe Spa. Customers using our standard DPD/UPS service to have items sent to us via a drop off location send items at their own risk. Clients using our home collections service (chargeable) will be offered the option to add on additional insurance. If this is not taken up the item will not be covered by our company.
- Any Item waiting for You to collect from Us will be in our care for a maximum period of 60 days.
- Any Item your leave in our shop(s) or post to us will be held in our care for a maximum period of 60 days and will only be deemed in our care when we acknowledge receiving it.
- In the very rare occasion an item that you the customer has sent to us, is lost we will be unable to help track or trace and cannot accept liability for the item until it arrives at our address.
- As standard your item/s will be available for collection or standard delivery up to 60 days of the repair/restoration work being completed. After this time your item/s will be placed into a secure storage facility and a charge of £15 per week will apply to have your item returned to you.
- We will hold an item for a maximum of 6 months from the date the repair/restoration work has been completed. Items not claimed with in 6 months of the repair work being completed may be disposed of.
- We will contact the email address or text provided to inform you that your item is ready for collection and when your item is being placed into storage. Please ensure your email address and phone number are correct at the time of booking in and inform us of any changes.
Exclusions to liability. Shoe Spa are a cleaning repair & restoration service and any Items that are sent to
us are in a damaged and/or devalued state. We cannot be held liable for:
- Any damage to, or defect in, an item which we have not been contracted to work on (this includes hardware).
- Delays or failures which are due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- Failed repairs due to inherent problems within the material or structure of the item – please note that charges may still apply for any work already completed.
– ‘Loss of value’ against manufacturer original models after the service has been carried out.
- Any damage which is not related to or caused by our services.
- Shoe Spa use the most advanced industry standard techniques and professional materials, we do not warrant the use of, or employment of, the manufacturer original materials or processes. Where original materials are not available, parts and colours will be matched as closely as possible to the original – or to the agreed specification (such as colour matched to a particular part of the Item).
- Shoe Spa cannot be held liable for the loss or damage of any accessories, such as dust bags, locks, credit cards etc. that are not noted on our system during the booking in procedure. If an item is repaired to a reasonably satisfactory standard no liability will be accepted for depreciation in value. If any service recommended to you by Shoe Spa is rejected, Shoe Spa cannot be held responsible for the outcome of any work carried out that does not meet the customer’s expectations Shoe Spa will not pay compensation for anything that falls outside the work we provide.
Questions, complaints, comments or service contact:
You must notify us of any problem or complaint you have with the workmanship on the Item(s) within seven days of you receiving or collecting the Item(s). If you notice a mark, stain or blemish that is on the Item you must notify us of this within 24 hours of receiving or collecting the Item (as above). Where there is a dispute over any work carried-out, the record on our Management System is taken as the final order for the work.
We cannot accept returns or requests for refunds on the basis of the customer’s change of heart. We cannot accept returns or requests for refunds where a change to an order had been requested and that change could not be fulfilled.
We will not be liable for any damage to – or deterioration of/in – the item resulting from use or application of inappropriate products or inappropriate use/misuse of the Item following delivery of the order. If we are found to be at fault we will endeavour to repair and/or alter the Item to your satisfaction at our cost. In all circumstances, this will be the first course of action. Where the item has to be returned to us for this purpose, we will reimburse your costs of dispatch with evidence of a valid receipt/invoice.
If the fault is through misuse or customer liability any work to rectify the fault will be at your own cost.
Any claim settled will be on the condition that it is accepted by the customer as a full and final settlement.
Shoe Spa keep photographic records of all work before and after the work has been carried out.
If you have any questions, or if you have technical problems in accessing information on our Site, please contact: email@example.com
Use limitations and intellectual property rights. All brand names, product names and titles used on the Site are trademarks or trade names of Shoe Spa or third-party trademark or trade name holders. You are not allowed to use or reproduce any such trademarks or trade names as this may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights. All Site design, texts, documents, movies and other services and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all other material on this Site are protected by copyright of Shoe Spa or its suppliers.
You are only allowed to electronically copy and print portions of the Site to the extent this is necessary for the purpose of placing an order, or for using the Site as a shopping resource. You are not allowed to make any other use of the information and materials on the Site, including reproduction for the purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or (re)publication. Should you wish to use materials and information from this Site, you need to obtain Shoe Spa’s prior written consent.
Shoe Spa grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Shoe Spa. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
Governing law. Any dispute regarding the validity, the interpretation and/or the execution of the Terms and Conditions is solely governed by the laws of England and the English courts. This clause does not affect your statutory rights. The User agrees that in the event of a dispute with respect to the use of the Site, electronic evidence (e.g. e-mails, back-ups, photographs etc.) can be used as valid evidence.
If any of the Terms and Conditions may be declared null and void or not applicable, the other terms and conditions will remain valid and the portion declared null and void will remain applicable within the boundaries set by law.
Entire agreement. These Terms and Conditions supersede all prior terms applied with the User. For any questions, remarks or technical issues with respect to this Site, please contact us. These terms and conditions were last updated June 2021.
Terms & conditions. We reserve the right to make changes to our terms & conditions at any stage without prior notice.